We've written about Instagram before:
- A Handy Guide to Instagram Filters
- Capturing Iceland One Photo App at a Time
- How To: Instagram API + Fancybox Simplified
Unlike everyone else at Blueprint, I’m new to Instagram – I didn't use the app before Facebook acquired them for $1B. So while this overhaul may not mean the same thing to me as others, it seemed like a good opportunity to look at Instagram with a fresh set of eyes.
Here are a newbie's thoughts on Instagram's first release post Facebook acquisition:
- Improved Search – both by user name and hashtag, without losing the top shots under “Explore”, also autocompletes people you follow.
- Facebook Integration – you can post all the photos you’ve liked to your Facebook tab, at the person and page level without leaving the app.
- Simplified Posting from Your Photo Library – just by holding the camera button you can post with one click.
Instagram updated iPhone and Android. Here's their release notes:
Most Popular Posts
Blueprint on Twitter
Follow us @BlueprintTweets!