How to optimize your email for mobile devices
One in three Americans own a smartphone, and 16% of email is read on mobile devices. While the proportion is small, it’s growing at a good clip. No better time than now to think through how to optimize your email communications for mobile devices.
- Choose short, actionable subject lines
- Use text links throughout and images sparingly, to ensure the content flows without being blocked.
- Consider developing a mobile stylesheet to alter the email rendering for mobile devices
- Show a prominent “view this message on the web” link prominently at the top to easily enable viewing via browser
- Segment and send mobile-friendly emails to those recipients who consistently open on mobile devices.
- Consider your clickthrough destination through a mobile lens – make sure the page renders well and is easy to navigate / interact with
While many of the above apply to webmail and desktop email as well, it’s good practice to consider them in a mobile light. Let us know how they work for you!
Most Popular Posts
Blueprint on Twitter
Follow us @BlueprintTweets!